Sunday, October 17, 2010

An anecdote of …..
Long Long ago (its been so long since a story started like this, so couldn’t resist)
I had a meeting with a client in Nariman Point. Having finished with it, I left the place for my next meeting for which I was already running late. I got into the lift (people who are familiar with Nariman Point know how long one has to wait for it). Some 20 minutes later (which seemed like an hour) I came down and started walking to the car park (again people familiar..…know how far the parking lots are).  Just as I had got out of the lift I got a call from my son. I was talking to him and walking to the car park. Every time I left any place, I had this habit of taking a check of the things with me. So as I walked and I talked I also was making a mental check of the things in my hand. My laptop, my handbag,  my glasses, diary, car keys and and and…oh no.. I was missing something......i kept going over the list but couldn’t find the 6th item on my checklist…and suddenly I screamed ...omg I’ve forgotten my cellphone in that office… oh god...I’d have to go alllll the way back up there….am running late ....oh no…..and as I kept muttering….i kept hearing my son trying to butt-in ...mom….mom….listen Mom…. MOM…I said WHAT…and  he said..you are  talking to me… so I go soft and say.. yes sweetheart I know.. am talking to you….but I have left my cellphone back at the clients office....i hope its still there (those days – probably ‘98-‘99-cellphones were very rare)…and then it was his turn to scream….MOM!!!  STOP!!!…U R TALKING 2 ME ON UR CELLPHONE!!!!
….absentmindedness
P.S : This anecdote earned me a Rs.500/- gift voucher from Shoppers Stop having posted it on one of the portals of that time…bhoolne mein (b)hee bhalayee hai!!!

1 comment:

  1. Feels good to know that there are more absent minded people out there...

    Keep writing... enjoyable read!

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete